Monday, September 29, 2008

Almost There

Check out the belly at week 39! I am definitely feeling more uncomfortable, but am trying to make the most of our time left before our world is turned upside down.

We went to the Mesquite Rodeo on Friday night. Mutton Bustin was definitely the highlight. Mutton Bustin is little kids, I think 4 and under or under 55 pounds, riding sheep. They were so cute and I think Baby Walsh definitely needs to do Mutton Bustin. We decided to hit a midnight movie after the rodeo since that will likely be a thing of the past when Baby Walsh arrives in about a week. I got to bed about 3am - I guess good training for being a mom.

Then on Saturday I went to the Uptown Festival with my mother-in-law, Dawna, to see Susan Hamm's art. Susan just did a collection of cottage door photographs that are really beautiful and different. Dawna bought me a piece that I plan to hang in my entryway. After the art show, we did a little shopping and then a pedicure since I can do longer reach my feet.

Saturday night Grant and I and about 6 friends went to a charity ball for the Urban Land Institute (ULI) which my father-in-law, John Walsh, is very involved with. We had dinner, played monopoly, and danced. Yes, I did dance quite a bit. We closed the place down and had a great time. My feet were sore on Sunday, but it was totally worth it. After the ball, we came back to the hot tub and stayed up with friends again until about 2:30am talking about raising kids. Thanks for the great conversation Emmy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erin, you look beautiful. And to us, you ARE a "pregnant princess" - but not for much longer! :) You guys are going to make fantastic parents. I can't think of anyone else in this world who deserves a precious baby girl more than you two. I just know this baby will be loved more than anything in your lives ever has been.

Love,
Courtney

PS
My kids cannot WAIT to meet their Baby Walsh cousin!

Christy Rome said...

You can only let Little Girl Walsh go Mutton Bustin' if she wears pink cowgirl boots!

Tasha said...

yea!!!!!! so glad you're blogging. the pics are wonderful. what a great idea:)

just added you to my blog reader.

hugs,

tasha

Anonymous said...

Hi Erin,

I tried emailing you, but I guess your no longer recieving it. I love this blog page and all the fun pic's of you and Grant. I sure miss you guys. You are one hot mamma in those pic's. Let me know if you have another email address you will be using. Spencer, Simon and I will be praying for your sweet baby and for you to have a smooth and easy delivery.

Love you roomie,

~Jenny Sessions