Monday, February 13, 2012

Barcelona

We moved out of Club Meadows on Tuesday and in with DD and Big John, on Wednesday Grant went to Austin for work and State Guard drills, he returned on Sunday to Dallas, on Monday I went to Barcelona for work, I got back from Barcelona on the next Sunday and then on Tuesday we moved into the new house on Mimosa Lane. Just in case you were wondering why I haven't been blogging, now you know.


Even with so much going on, I had a wonderful trip to Barcelona. Courtney joined me and was an awesome travel partner, the work meetings went well and we squeezed in quite of few sites. We stayed at the Torre Catalunya hotel and it was lovely and had the best chocolate croissants with the breakfast. Amazing food included a work dinner (CJ joined us as well) at Sagardi Restaurant, surprisingly delicious lunch at Alsur Cafe outside Palau de la Musica Catalana and hot chocolate at Granja La Pallaresa.


Liked this fun Barcelona sign.

Thankful that CJ mastered the subway!

Cider barrels at Sagardi Restaurant.


Picking up some sweets at La Boqueria.

Beautiful fountains dating back to  medieval  times were all over the city.

Gelato with my wonderful boss Dianne.

I loved the Gaudi architecture and we visited La Pedrera, Park  Guell and a few other landmarks. CJ liked my pink coat because she said it was easy to find me in the crowds.

We went to a club on the beach one night, but it was COLD. We still have a fun time having some drinks.
It was such a quick trip, but it went as smoothly as possible and I was glad to have a little mini-adventure in the middle of our move. Love you CJ!

No comments: