Here was our basic itinerary:
- Sunday: Travel
- Monday: Arrived in Barcelona at about 7am. Thankfully our hotel (Mur Muri - I highly recommend) room was ready and we were able to sleep for a few hours. In the afternoon, we wandered a bit, walked around the outside of La Sagrada Familia and then met Sara and Joe Ratliff for a delicious meal at Catalana near our hotel.
- Tuesday: Rented a van and 9 of us headed outside the city to Torres Winery, Monserrat and Cava Caves. Made it back just in time for our work team dinner event at Costa Gallega Moncho's Tapas Bar.
- Wednesday: I worked and Grant hung out with Jay Marshall and I think they went to La Pedrera and the castle overlooking the city. During the evening Grant joined me for a work dinner event which was a crawl that included Sagardi's, La Luna and a dessert place I need to look up.
- Thursday: My second day of meetings and I don't remember what Grant said he did. During the evening, Grant and I went with Dana Blankenship and Jay Marshall to Grease and it was so hilarious. The Europeans sure have a way of inserting smoking and gratuitous nudity into almost everything.
- Friday: Grant and I both worked from the hotel in the morning and then went to La Sagrada Familia to do the full tour. It was amazing!
- Saturday: Slept until noon! Then headed to Park Guell and then Grant humored me with a little shopping.
- Sunday: Early AM flight back to see my babies!
Highlights:
- My daily (sometimes 2x daily) chocolate filled croissant indulgence
- Traveling with my sweet hubby
- Working with the best group of ladies including Dana Blankenship, Sara Ratliff, Heather Richter and Tanya Allen
- My favorite attraction with La Sagrada Familia - that church is amazing and won't even be done until 2030!
| On Monday at La Sagrada Familia. It was too late in the day to catch the tour, but we enjoyed walking around the park. |
| Delicious dinner with Sara and Joe Ratliff at Cataluna. |
| Back at La Sagrada Familia on Friday. This time we went to the top of the tower and walked down the 400+ steps. |
| On the way down the tower. |
| Constuction on La Sagrada Familia began in the 1882 and isn't scheduled to be complete until 2030. It is beautiful and amazing. |
| At the top of Park Guell. |
| On the Gaudi designed mosaic benches of Park Guell. |
| Entrance of Park Guell. |
No comments:
Post a Comment