Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Colton Alexander: Hospital Pictures

I LOVE the pictures from the hospital photographer. Grant and I both were shocked at how much some of the photos looks like Jack Ranger! Colton is such a sweet, calm little man. He is doing wonderfully! I, however, am in still in the newborn haze which is difficult for me. I struggle with the lack of sleep, getting into the rhythm of nursing and giving attention to the other kiddos that need extra love while they get adjusted to our new family member. God is good and He has provided lots of help! Our new nanny, Sarah, is amazing and I have had tons of support from friends and family. I feel better overall at this point than I did after the births of Cadence and JR, but life with a newborn is still day to day. Grant is a rock and is willing to get up with me during nighttime feedings and also take care of the other two while Colton and I bond.

Colton is HUNGRY and is still generally eating every three hours. He is a bit of a lazy nurser so I am mostly pumping milk and giving bottles, but I would like to try to get back to nursing soon. There is nothing like milk directly from the source! I just need Colton to also get on board with the plan :). He smells just delicious and he is the mostly snuggly, happy baby. We love you Colton!











No comments: