Monday, March 3, 2014

Shanghai

I headed to Shanghai for work on Friday, Feb. 21 and returned back home Friday, Feb. 28th. It was a great trip which included productive meetings and a short bit of time to explore the city. I went on a tour on Sunday with a group from PepsiCo and we walked the Bund, took the tourist tunnel under the river, went to Yuyuan Gardens, shopped in the Bazaar, toured Tian Hou Silk and had tea at the Jade Buddha Temple. 

We stayed at the beautiful JW Marriott Shanghai at Tomorrow Square and my room was on the 52nd floor! It was as huge building and the hotel lobby was on the 38th floor with offices, restaurants, apartments below. I loved the food and highlights included Jade Crystal Palace and South Beauty - both walking distance from the hotel. Our hotel was a block from the "Knock off Mall" and I picked up Ugg boots for Cadie, Longchamp purse for myself and a few scarves. I had a fun time bargaining.

I really missed the kiddos, but Grant did great and had a lot of help. I pumped while I was gone and Colton went right back to nursing just like I had never left. What a pain, but worth it to keep getting to nurse my sweet baby. It was a long trip, but felt like it flew by. Grant, Cadie and JR surprised me by greeting me at the airport as I walked into the baggage claim and it was amazing to be meet with their love and snuggles. I hope I get to travel the world with them someday.

The Bund
The River
Our team! Annette Couch, me, Arlene Green, Lori Dawson
I loved these little trees!
Yuyuan Gardens
Watching the silk threads being unwound from the cocoons.
Our meeting at the R&D center.

No comments: