Thursday, April 3, 2014

Colton: 7 months

Colton is crawling like a champ, standing (his crib is now on the lowest setting), cruising, eating tons of food, laughing at Cadie and Ranger and is SOOOO heavy. He crawls really quietly and quickly and I put him down, turn around to do something and when I turn back he is gone! It always scares me a little and sometimes I yell, "I lost the baby! Help me find him!"

He is still extremely calm and often serious. But, every once in awhile we will do something that tickles him and he can barely contain his laughter. Recently Jack Ranger had a tape measure and he was pulling out the tape and then letting it go and quickly retract. Colton thought it was hilarious!! He was laughing uncontrollably which got all the rest of us laughing too.

He loves most of life - eating, bathtime, playing outside, crawling around the house. He feels neutral about getting his diaper changed and he doesn't protest about it as long as we give him a small toy to hold while we change him. The only time I really notice him getting upset is when we wipe his face and nose. He has quite a few bruises because he takes hard spills almost daily as he tries to walk, but he doesn't ever cry long.

He is still nursing, usually 3-4 times a day and then also has a bottle or two. He is a great eater and enjoys scrambled eggs, toast, graham crackers, pancakes, cheerios, avocado, blueberries, bananas and little things off the floor.

I love that he gets excited when I come home from work, that he quickly recovers after falls or knocks from Cadie and JR and that he fits so perfectly into our family. I can't imagine our lives without him. We love you little buddy!



No comments: