What an amazing summer! Here are some headlines...
Cadie is growing her hair out and it is getting so long and golden. Her imagination continues to grow and she loves exploring her own capabilities. She still isn't too keen on team sports, but she loves to swim, rock climb and test her independence. Recently we had a Sat. morning park playdate get rained out so I decided to get the kids donuts for a special treat instead. I couldn't find anywhere to park around the donut shop so I gave Cadie $10, told her what to get and sent her in to buy the donuts while I circled the block. It took me a long time to circle and Cadie was standing on the sidewalk with the donuts when I can back around. She did an awesome job and was so proud of herself.
Jack Ranger accepted Jesus into his heart in Colorado! Grant, Cadie and Jack Ranger were on a hike and Grant was taking them through the daily Sky Ranch family devotion. Jack Ranger wanted to know more about asking Jesus into your heart and what that meant. Grant drew the valley of sin in the dirt with a stick and then drew the cross that bridges us over our sin to God. Then Grant knelt and prayed with Jack Ranger. I am so proud of Jack Ranger for answering the call and for Grant taking the time to instruct JR. Please pray that JR continues to grow in love, patience and kindness as Jesus works in his hear.
Colton is potty trained! I was able to throw away the changing table right before we left for Colorado in July. Swimming in the big pool was Colton's biggest motivator and he has been doing an amazing job. He hasn't had an accident in weeks and I don't generally carry a diaper bag anymore. I feel so light and free! Colton loves playing with Jack Ranger and he yells, "Ranger, come here!!" constantly. He still loves to snuggle Mom and Dad and he ends up at least half the time in our bed or on the floor on a blanket by our bed.

No comments:
Post a Comment