Sunday, March 1, 2020

Director, Change Leadership

Effective today, I am the Director of Change Leadership at Southwest! I am SOOOO excited and feel so incredibly blessed to have this opportunity. When I joined Southwest just over 3 years ago, this was the role I dreamed of having. I am so thankful to Lori Winters, who hired me, for supporting me over the last three years.

My new boss, Whitney, and Lori put a last minute meeting on my calendar on a Friday to talk through an issue I was having with a VP. I was a little fired up and we were digging into the conversation. Whitney got up from the conference table, and said, "I have something that might help. Just a minute." She walked over to her desk, grabbed an envelope and brought it back over to me and said, "You have been promoted to Director! Does that make this situation a bit better?" I was in shock! I started crying and saying, "Is this for real?" And then, a minute later, I asked, "Do we still have an issue with X VP?" I thought maybe they made up the issue to surprise me. Whitney said, "Nope, we still have an issue, but hopefully this makes your day a bit better." It sure did! But, I did have trouble focusing.

That evening, MJ from my Team came over to help me celebrate since Grant was out of town. We had Tiff's Treats courtesy of Lori (she is SO thoughtful!) and then watched the Taylor Swift documentary. It really was an emotional and wonderful day and I am so excited!

I have celebrated with a trip to New York with Grant and taking Big John with me to Rally. In New York, Grant and I saw Come From Away (AWESOME!) and Moulin Rouge and then stayed the night with Katya and Russell in Westchester. It was a full but wonderful celebration weekend.

Oh yes, and I got a fancy new glamour shots headshot!











No comments: