My parents surprised us the morning of Dec. 23th with a special package. Themselves! I had taken the day off work for Cadie's Mom Day and around 9am the doorbell rang and it was my Mom and Dad. We were so surprised! On Tuesday morning (12/22), they had a doctor's appt in Atlanta to check-in on my Mom's knee surgery. After the appointment, they drove all day and arrived secretly in Dallas on Tuesday evening. Then, on Wednesday morning they surprised us and Nina was able to join Cadie and I for a Mom-day kickoff brunch at Snooze. We sat on the back patio and had a wonderful brunch.
Cadie and I then spent the rest of the day getting mani/pedis, doing a bit of shopping at Northpark, and then seeing the original Wonder Woman in the theater. It was a privilege to get to spend the day with my sweet baby girl. Cadie is experiencing some of the typical middle school girl drama. She and I both feel better when we get to talk and pray about her experiences and how she is responding to them. Cadie is strong, brave and compassionate and I am so very proud of her.
These pictures are in front of the beautiful murals on the Snooze back patio.


No comments:
Post a Comment