Big John says he is retiring! He did one final season with Ranger, Hunter Myers, Christopher Smith, Cooper Clifton, Cooper Humphries, Everest Applegate, Luke Hornbach, and Tommy Cox. They played hard and won 2 games in the final tournament with Grant as a stand-in coach.
Big John wrote letters to the boys at the end of the season. Here is his letter to Ranger.
"Ranger, Once again I was so happy to be your team's coach. I really appreciate the feedback you gave me all season. Your positive attitude on the field was contagious. I hope you will always stay positive, especially when you make a bad play. Be good on yourself - not hard. You do a lot more that is successful than you take credit for! I always want to be your coach in life! Love, Big John"
Another sweet note from Whitney Myers, "Grant & Erin, Thank you so much for the time and effort you put into our sweet football team! These boys are so fun to watch and see improve with each game. It is a great group and I really appreciate everything you have done to get us all together. I'm looking forward to what is to come. Thanks again! Whitney"
Colton did another season with Coach Cherkassky and he scored his first pass touchdown! The crowd went wild! Colton continues to want to be a part of the team, but is less committed to practice and improving his skills. Not quite sure where football will go for him. Am thinking we will try a few other sports camps over the summer to see if there is anything else he enjoys more than football.





No comments:
Post a Comment