I loved that Cadie and Ranger got to be in the crew together! Since Cadie was the Assistant Director, we had fun called Ranger the "Assistant to the Assistant Director." Ranger said he felt like there was a bit too much sitting around on the crew, but he did like it when his friends watched the play and noticed that he did a ton of the scene changes and they said he "carried" the crew. I hope someday that he will be in a play, but glad he dipped his toe in the water with crew.
I had a revision surgery on Thursday, and the play opened Thursday night. It made for a bit of a crazy weekend, but I was able to make it to the play on Saturday evening. DD and Big John took Colton to see it Thursday evening because he went to UP All Night on Saturday with Dan and Luke. On Saturday evening, Anna Crumpler (Youth minister), Joy, Nina & Papa, Preston, Hannah, Parker, and Eisley all came to cheer on Cadie and Ranger. It was such a great musical! I was especially impressed with the projections that even went onto the walls on the sides of the theater.
I had volunteered to chair the cast party which was scheduled for the Saturday after the play, April 29th. However, my grandfather passed away the week before and his funeral was on April 29th. Grant went to represent our family and it sounds like the Studio Movie Grill event with a special showing of The Wizard of Oz was a hit.
So proud of Cadie and Ranger!
Show recap note from the parent chairs, "From the bottom of our hearts--- we cannot let the day end
without saying this show wouldn't have happened without your help and support.
We surpassed all our projections on ticket sales, concession and fan mail.
The crew and cast performed amazingly well and even Derby (live Toto) got in
the spirit of the show and sang.
Thank you all for helping make OUR kids shine. Whether front stage or back stage its all about them. Thank you for following us down the yellow brick road. Pics to come from our amazing photographer Carla.
Rachel and Margarita"













No comments:
Post a Comment