By Jack Ranger, "My first-time doing track for an actual team was interesting. It was similar to Cross-Country because we would wake up early to practice before school and then go inside and have breakfast during first period. The tryouts were one weeklong and I tried out for long distance which was 1 mile and 1.5 mile. I made it with my best event being 1 mile. The roster was very questionable because multiple kids whose parents just make them do sports were on the team as well as a disabled boy who never actually runs. The people I hung out with during the season were Ben Bratton, Steve Bratton, and Hunter Hubbs. The coach was still Coach Gruber (Cross-Country Coach). The way the team worked was different as well. After people made the team, they had to try out for meets to actually participate. I made multiple meets, but each one I made got rained out. Overall, it was a fun season and a good experience."
For interest, picture of JR and DD at his UIL practice choir concert.

No comments:
Post a Comment