Saturday, August 31, 2024

Space Camp

From Colton: "I had so much fun at space camp. It was great. We did the moon shot so many times and the g force accelerator. I was there for a week and made a lot of friends like Chase and Dean. We went to the museum and I learned a lot about space also a ton of people went home sick, but I didn't. My favorite thing was the moon shot. My least favorite thing was bed time. Papa dropped me off early and I got to pick my bunk and I got to watch a movie.  At the end dad picked me up and I got to explore the museum."

From rango "i GOT TO CAMP AND PUT MY STUFF ON MY BED THEN I WENT TO THE FIRST PRESENTATION AFTER THIS, I WENT TO THE SECOND PRESENTATION THAT DAY. THEN I WENT TO MAKE A CARDBOARD ROCKET. THEN I WENT TO DINNER AND MADE NEW FRIENDS NAMED GARRET ELI AND DHILLON. THEN I WOKE UP AND HAD A GOOD DAY. I WOULD GO BACK TO SPACE CAMP SINCE I HAD A GOOD TIME. AT PICKUP I TOOK A PICTURE WITH A GUY ON STAGE THEN DAD PICKED ME UP. WE HUNG AROUND THE MUSEUEM FOR A LITTLE BIT BEFORE WE LEFT. MY FAVORITE ACTIVITY WAS THE SPINNY CHAIR idk what it was called."

As you can see from Ranger's entry, he is in full on teenage mode. Good thing he is still adorable. Grant and I were so thankful for Nina and Papa taking the kids on Aug. 31 to Georgia for a few days and then Papa drove the boys 4 hours to Alabama to drop them off at Space Camp. Cadie drove with Papa and she even drove for a few hours on the way home. I know it was a long day for Papa, but it was a huge help to G and I and we were able to have some downtime to celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary at the farm. 

Grant flew to Alabama on Thursday night to attend the boys' graduation ceremonies on Friday morning and then fly back home with them. Grant said there was a lot that seemed familiar from when he went to space camp as a kid.

I think the beginning of camp was rocky for both boys. They hadn't been there before and I think the unfamiliar environment was a bit tough to adjust to. But by the end of the week they both said they wanted to go back.






















No comments: