Tuesday, November 5, 2024

Displaced for a long time and finally back home

What a crazy fall. Because of the leak we found in June, we had to move out of our house in August. It snuck up on us and I didn't realize how bad the mold was and how extensive the repairs were going to be. Our house was completely torn apart. The boys and I moved into Nina and Papas house, Cadie moved in with DD and Big John, and Grant floated around. It felt like our lives had been turned upside down and I was so grateful for family who took us in. It was hard to be apart as a family, but we also made some fun memories. Ranger stayed in the king guest room at Nina and Papas, and Colton and I bunked up in the smaller guest room. Ranger loved having his own room and Colton loved being with me. It was convenient for Cadie to be able to easily get to and from school, but I know it was hard for her to be away from us. 

While the repairs weren't quite done, we needed to be back together so we moved back into the house at the beginning of November. The good news is that we got Ranger his own bathroom out of the deal and I love my new kitchen.

We also owe big thanks to Nick who came to our rescue and served as GC for the repairs. He is so wonderful to work with and we trust him implicitly. I am grateful that Nick has been a part of our lives for almost 20 years!









No comments: