Friday, August 15, 2025

Back to School

By Ranger Walsh, "The transition to high school has been very easy and people make it sound worse than it is. I am riding to school with Cadence. I am in cross country. It is noticeably harder than middle school but still not extremely difficult academically wise. This year I am in World Geography Honors, Geometry, English Honors, Biology, Spanish II, and Digital Sports Media. Cross country has been really enjoyable, but takes up way too much time. I don't get home until like 6 because of afterschool practice and don't have time for anything. The people on the team are great though and I have met a lot of new people."

This year we have a junior, freshman, and 6th grader. It is really helpful having two back in the same school and also that Colton feels comfortable at Zion. Colton is now in middle school at Zion and he has three great teachers. Juli Schkade is his homeroom teacher and also his English teacher. Kelly Tiffee is math and religion and Barbara Hinkle is science and math. Colton has his own locker this year. 

School started on Wed., Aug. 13 and I took the Monday before school started off work to be with the kids and make sure everyone had what they needed. The day was full of haircuts, shopping, and hanging out for the last few days of summer. We always try to do a back-to-school fun day and a few weeks earlier the kids and I had gone to Boulder in Grand Prairie and had a great time doing the ropes courses and slides. I did all 4 levels of the ropes course and was so sore the next day. 

I am so very proud of our kids. Here's to a great year!






No comments: