
Cadie and I are in Washington DC visiting my sister Bethany, her husband Nathan, and their adorable son Samuel Thomas. We are having a great time and decided to brave the chilly air and go see Mt. Vernon today. We made it out of the house with babies in Christmas outfits and high hopes of some cute cousin pictures. Cadence couldn't sit still enough to get one of the kids together but I think we got some great shots of the 4 of us. We forgot to take 2 strollers, but we improvised and made quite a functional contraption out of our scarves that allowed me to carry Cadie really easily.
We have only had two small bits of drama which is awesome considering that we have two babies in a three story row house in the middle of winter. On the first night we had trouble getting the sleeping arrangements quite right so we did a bit of musical beds before we got the setup figured out. Cadence ended up in a pack and play in their laundry room/bathroom which has ended up suiting her just fine. Then, last night she fell and busted her lip. There was a lot of blood, but in the end she was fine.
I have LOVED spending time with my sister and her family and seeing the babies start to become friends. Samuel loves to grab Cadence and Cadence is sweet to give him hugs and bring him toys. I sure wished we lived closer.
No comments:
Post a Comment