Monday, May 17, 2010

Good-bye crib

The camera is missing, so no new pics. I think it is probably in Grant's car which is at the airport right now while he is on a business trip. Hopefully I will find it this week when he gets back and can post some of the adorable pics from our trip to the zoo this weekend with my parents while they were visiting us.

In other news, Cadie is now crawling out of her crib! Yesterday she had been napping about an hour and I heard a crash and then rushed upstairs to find her crying (but unharmed) and walking around her room. Then, she got out of the crib twice last night when she didn't want to go to bed. I was worried about her injuring herself so I tried to get her to sleep on a pallet on the floor in her room - she didn't go for that. She ended up sleeping (although not much actual sleeping) with me in the bed since Grant was gone.

I am going to see tonight if I can get her to sleep in the pack and play in her room. It is closer to the ground so hopefully she won't hurt herself if she crawls out and maybe it will give her the sense of containment she seems to need to be able to rest. I can't handle another night of no sleep!

Let me know if you have any advice! I sure need it. I was hoping to keep her in the crib much longer.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Sounds like it may be time for a crib tent. The crib tent attaches to the top of the crib and inhibits them crawling out. It doesn't sound like she is ready to sleep on her own yet. I think your pack and play idea is a great idea. It can be a little harder to climb out of. I am assuming you already have the crib dropped as low as it will go. Good Luck! Let me know what you figure out.

I am hoping the twins can stay in their cribs as long as possible!!!

Laurel Holler said...

Oh wow that is hard. I have heard of those crib tents and I've heard great things about them. She is so young that little stinker. Ben loved his crib so no help here and Audrey hasn't climbed out yet but she is almost 2 and I think the transition to a bed is much easier at 2 and older. Good luck. You need some sleep. I bet you would feel so much better about the tent and everyone would sleep well.