Yesterday reminded me of that song, "Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the other gold." Nicole is one of my gold friends. When I transferred in 10th grade from my tiny Christian, private school to the big public high school I felt lonely and out of place. Nicole befriended me and I have always felt she was a kindred spirit.
I came to Chicago this week for a business trip and I was able to squeeze in some time yesterday afternoon to visit Nicole and her three sweet children. Noah and Ella are 4 and little Hans is just 10 weeks. I got lots of snuggles and baby-holding and I got to catch up with Nicole and see a glimpse of her life. Her home is so sweet and I loved walking to eat at Honey, playing at the park and helping with bath time.
Nicole's family moved to Chicago during college and so we have really only seen each other every few years. We were trying to remember and I think it has been 4 years since I last saw her! But she is one of those friends where you just pick up where you left off and the friendship is comfortable and easy. I hope it isn't another 4 years before we see each other!! But if it is, Nicole, you will be in my heart and prayers!
Another Chicago treat was that my friend Crystal from Accenture picked me up from Nicole's house and took me to her house for dinner and a short but very sweet visit where I got to see her beautiful home, meet her dog Bailey and eat a delicious meal fixed by her husband. We had a great time and then Crystal dropped me off at the train station to head into downtown Chicago where I will be doing business for the rest of the trip. Crystal and I worked together at Accenture and we got the chance to travel the world together. She is so kind and one thing I love about her is that we always seem to laugh a lot together! Thanks SOOOO much for driving so far to spend time with me last night Crystal. It was wonderful to see you!


No comments:
Post a Comment