I turned 34 last week and I am viewing it as the start of my new year. Hopefully my 34th year will have hold health and peace for our family! The last 6 months have been a complete whirlwind with moving houses, remodeling, work travels for both Grant and I, my health issues, hail storms, etc. We have made it through together (with lots and lots of help) and I am praying that the rest of 2012 is a little less eventful.
Mary, Cadie and Jack Ranger helped make my birthday special with a delicious cake, flowers, a birthday crown and a lovely gift of wind chimes from Mary. My parents gave me new patio furniture for my birthday (It is so wonderful!) and so Mary gave me the wind chimes so I can sit in my comfy new furniture and listen to the wind. Dawna took me out for brunch at Crossroads on my birthday and I also received many cards and calls from sweet friends and family. Grant and I went to a birthday dinner this past Saturday night with our good friends Chad and Jaime. We had great food and conversation and it felt amazing to be out and feel happy and pain-free. That is the best birthday gift of all!
Then on Sunday Mimi and Bunky came to a special birthday lunch hosted by John and Dawna. They all gave thoughtful gifts and so now this week I have gift certificates for new shoes and a pedicure. Sounds good to me!
Thank you everyone for making me feel so special!

No comments:
Post a Comment