When I asked Jack Ranger what he might like to do to celebrate his 4th birthday, he said "Dinner at Roma's with Maddox and Will!" - DONE. He loved it, and it was so easy. I had originally planned the party for Monday evening, but then I realized Roma's is closed on Monday. When I asked Ranger if we could change to another restaurant, he said "It has to be Roma's!" So we changed the party to Tuesday night. The weather was perfect and at 5:30pm on Tuesday night, there wasn't a big crowd so we ended up having the entire patio all to ourselves (I think the other patrons were afraid to eat on the patio with us - rightfully so). The kids ran all around, threw bread to the fish and turtles in the creek and ate lots of pizza and cake.
For those that haven't been to Roma's Italian Restaurant, it isn't a natural choice for a 4-year boys birthday party. It isn't even all that particularly nice. But, Jack Ranger was so happy and he told me that it was the best birthday ever! He talked about the party for 2 days and on Thursday as I took him to school he wanted to recount the party highlights. Which for him included his great friend Will and the gifts of toy cars. Grant picked the cake and he nailed it - 3 hot wheels on top!
Jack Ranger's party included DD and Big John, Nina and Papa, Amanda, Will and his parents Carlyn and Michael and Maddox and his Dad Bruce and his brother Hudson. And of course, Grant, Cadie, Colton and I. He got a special gift of balloons from Papa, which Papa had to work harder than expected for since the first round of balloons blew away. A pirate costume from Nina. Bomber jacket from DD and Big John. Lego's from Will and a dinosaur car from Maddox. Jack Ranger was very happy with his loot.
We love you Jack Ranger! You are funny, energetic, silly, opinionated, adorable (I don't think I will ever get over those boots he wears 100% of the time), talkative and friendly. I love how you talk with your hands, sing "Our God is an Awesome God" and love your mama!
One of my favorite recent Jack Ranger stories... Colton loves to say "Da Da" and he says it ALL the time. Recently while Colton was busy repeating, "Da Da, Da Da, Da Da." I said, "Why is Colton so obsessed with Dad!" and Jack Ranger responded, "Don't worry Mom, I am obsessed with you." My sweet birthday boy, I am obsessed with you too!
No comments:
Post a Comment