Monday, November 17, 2014

Mom and Dad's Bed

For Cadence and Jack Ranger, crawling into our bed, day or night, results in almost immediate sleep. It is a wonderful phenomenon that I have heavily leveraged since they were newborns. They have both logged their fair share of time in our bed, especially Cadie. And I generously used this technique when I was pregnant with Colton. Most Saturday and Sunday afternoons I could be found in bed with Cadie sleeping on my left and Jack Ranger on my right (this is always their "side"). Being pregnant with #3 leaves a Mama pretty tired, but the fact that some mysterious sleep drug enters Cadie and Jack Ranger's systems upon getting into our bed was a huge blessing. Sadly, Colton seems to be immune to the powers of Mom and Dad's bed.

Sunday afternoon both Cadie and Jack Ranger crawled into our bed at about 2:45, went to sleep within minutes and at 5pm I had to go into my room to wake them up or else I think they may have slept all evening. Colton helped me to rouse my sleeping lovelies. Neither Cadie or Jack Ranger appreciated the "baby attack" but I found it pretty funny to see Colton attempting to wake them up with kisses and pillows in their faces.

Cadie says she falls asleep so fast in our bed because it is warm, snuggly and smells like Mom. I understand because I felt the same way about my parents bed. I only wish they made something larger than a king because our bed does seem to fill up pretty quickly.

No comments: