Sunday, December 28, 2014

Hamm Family Cruise: Good-bye Colton

We had originally planned to take Colton with us on the Hamm Family Cruise (and DD paid for him), but at the last minute I had a change of heart. I had a dream that I was standing at the railing of the boat with Colton in my arms, and he jumped over the railing and into the water. I dove in after him and we were treading water in the ocean watching the boat sail away. I was praying someone saw us and that the boat would turn around. I woke up in a panic and called my parents to see if they would consider coming to Dallas and keeping Colton. I was nervous that DD would be sad that Colton wasn't on the cruise, but when I asked her she agreed that it would be safer and easier if he stayed in Dallas.

My parents were so gracious and they completely changed their travel plans to be able to keep Colton at their house for the week. Colton was teething, so I think there were some long nights, but they reported that they had a wonderful time together. They even had a New Year's slumber party with cousin Kiyah! Thank you Nina and Papa!




No comments: