On Saturday we slept in because we were all exhausted from the long week, jet lag and packed tour day on Friday. We took a taxi and had lunch and did some shopping at Rosebank mall. It was a beautiful warm day (almost all the days were beautiful during the trip) and it was great to relax, pick up some souvenirs, watch traditional dancers in the street and get excited to see my babies! We went to the airport around 4pm and our flights departed around 7. I even had enough time at the airport to get a chair massage.
The travel home was easier for me than the travel to South Africa. I was able to take advantage of the layover in London to get a lot of work done which made me mentally feel more prepared for the work week and therefore able to relax more over the weekend. I arrived home on Sunday at 3pm and Grant was so sweet to pick me up at the airport. I came home, cleaned up and then picked up the kiddos from DD and Big John. It was great to have Monday off work for Martin Luther King day. Grant had to leave Monday evening for a work trip to Las Vegas and while it was hard to be apart for another week. It was nice to be able to go to bed right after the kids so I was able to quickly catch up on sleep and get back on schedule.
No comments:
Post a Comment