Friday, July 17, 2015

Friday: Colorado or Bust

How in the world am I going to dig myself out of this blog hole!? It is Aug. 28 and I haven't blogged since July 12 (I am going to back date the blogs, but the reality is that this is Aug. 28). It has been a busy and a bit emotional 6 weeks and I haven't had the energy or spirit to blog. I honestly don't feel all that great even still, but I need to start somewhere. I am going to try to blog every day until I am caught up. Wish me luck!
*******
On Friday, July 17, Grant and I loaded up the kids and headed to Colorado! Colton stayed with DD and Big John to fly with them to Colorado and then meet up with us at camp. We borrowed my parent's Honda Pilot and packed it all the way up. The kids were so much better than I expected. I had to scramble a bit because I thought we were leaving Friday evening and Grant had planned to leave Friday around lunch so we could get to Amarillo for dinner. I was glad we left earlier because eating at The Big Texan was quite the experience! We were starving and we all cleaned our plates.

Grant booked us a room at the Hampton Inn and it was so nice. By the time we got settled it at the hotel we were all pretty tired so we went to sleep quickly. The next morning we had a huge breakfast and the kids and I swam in the indoor pool for about an hour and a half while Grant went to the doctor because he wasn't feeling great and didn't want to get to camp without meds.





No comments: