Grant, the kids and I drove up to Branson on Thursday and then back to Dallas on Sunday. We packed a lot into our visit including Friday at Silver Dollar City, Friday evening at Steve Wyrick's magic show, Saturday morning swimming at the hotel, Saturday afternoon Jonah show at the Sight and Sounds theater and Saturday evening playing at the hotel with the Riley family.
We stayed on the Chateau On The Lake resort and it was a beautiful setting with a large room, comfy bed, swimming pool, playground for the kids and even some kids activities that we enjoyed such as a water balloon fight and smores. I wasn't good about taking pics during the weekend, but I did get one of our kids and the Riley kids making smores on Saturday evening.
The trip was fun and the kids did much better on the drive than I expected, but it was also a bit of a stressful trip. Grant is partnering with James Riley to manage and produce Steve Wyrick's magic show in Branson and getting a show of that magnitude off the ground is a huge endevour. Grant had to work at the show over the weekend and Grant is very stretched thin right now between Culhane Meadows, the Branson show, managing our rental properties, etc. I was glad we got to see the show and all the hard work that Steve, James and Grant have put into it and the kids loved the show. It features airplanes, motocycles and "blades of death" which are all right up Ranger's alley.
Now, we have just enough time to unpack, do laundry and repack so we can leave for Colorado on Friday!

No comments:
Post a Comment