We wanted to do something a little special for Labor Day weekend. We looked at hotel rooms at the Gaylord or Great Wolf Lodge, but everything was expensive and looked like it would be really busy. So we decided to do some "staycation" activities around Dallas. On Friday evening Papa and Grant hit the SMU vs. BU game at SMU stadium and Nina and I had a fun evening at home with the kiddos.
On Saturday we went with Nina and Papa to Hurricane Harbor. We got in free with our Six Flags passes and Nina and Papa got in for $10 each! Such a steal. We found a nice spot in the shade by the kids area and we ended up staying almost all day. We all loved the lazy river and Colton kept saying, "Colton swimming!" and kicked around in his floatie. We did the wave pool, kids play area and Nina and I even took Ranger and Colton on a water slide. Right as we were leaving Nina decided to go back and purchase our lazy river pictures. I am so glad she did so that we have a record of our fun day.
On Sunday we did church and Dickey's BBQ and then on Monday we met at DD and Big John's for brunch with the whole family. I ended up feeling like I was able to get some rest AND do some fun long-weekend activities. Win-win!


No comments:
Post a Comment