Right before the race JR's competitive spirit kicked in and he and Grant headed off at the front of the pack. Grant said Ranger ran almost the whole way! Ranger really hoped to place, but the kids bracket was 12 and under and so the winners were boys that looked 11-12ish. I think when he is older Ranger could definitely place. Cadie did not love the race, but she made it through. Around mile 2 I told her that if I heard one more whine, she could do the rest of the race by herself. She started up again about 43 seconds later. Colton and I went on, but I asked her to please run across the finish line. I was so proud of her because she ran for the last 200 meters or so and she finished with gusto. Colton rode his scooter and he did great for most of the time, but I did have to push him on the scooter for about a quarter of a mile. Jess, our friend and trainer, ran with Colton and I and it was great to have her for encouragement.
I hope this is the start of a new tradition!






No comments:
Post a Comment