Here is the rundown from the weekend:
- Friday: Courtney, Bethany, Mom and I drive down to Waco and with a pitstop in West for kolaches on the way. We hit Harp Designs and then meet Shauna at Spice for more fun shopping. Christy arrives at The Magnolia House and takes beautiful pictures and brings custom Magnolia cookies. Bethany and my Mom make taco salad for dinner and we sit around the dining room table and have a great time chatting and drinking my birthday drink - spiked strawberry lemonade. Open a few presents. Mandy picks up DD from her house and Anna from the airport and then head down to Waco and get there around 11:30pm.
- Saturday: DD and Christy wake up early and go get in a HUGE line at The Magnolia Table - so amazing of them to wait in the heat, but they do get to meet Joanna's Mom and she signed Joanna's cookbook which DD gave to me. The rest of us get ready and then shop a bit around McGregor. After DD and Christy get on the list, they meet us for shopping. We then head to The Magnolia Table and have a delicious meal. The avocado toast really is delicious. After Magnolia Table, on to the silos for the "Behind the Scenes" tour that I won at the Sky Ranch Cowboys and Cowboys silent auction. Jordy gives us a fun tour including Chip's office and the silos rooftop. A little shopping at the silos and then head back to The Magnolia House for a few snacks and drinks. Walk to dinner at a little Italian place. After dinner, back to The Magnolia House for hilarious games organized by my Mom. Wrap up the day watching the three episodes of Fixer Upper that feature The Magnolia House and the caretakers home.
- Sunday: Breakfast and good-byes.
My favorite things from the weekend:
- Being together with my family and everyone really connecting
- Fixer Upper overload!
- Bunking up with Shauna - we both slept great :)
- Behind the scenes tour at the silos which felt special and made the silos about more than just shopping
- Laughing until I almost cried at the "Watch Ya Mouth" Mouth guard game
- Tiffany's watch from my Mom
There are quite a few things that could have gone awry but everything was so perfect. The very first ever Magnolia Marathon was on Sunday morning, but we still got around ok and didn't have any traffic hiccups. Everyone's travel was smooth. Everyone got along and were so sweet and helpful. The Magnolia House was more special than I ever dreamed. I am so thankful my Mom orchestrated such a special weekend. The Magnolia House books up SO quickly and she had to have my Dad ready at the computer the minute the booking window opened. They got the house and it was a special time that I will never forget. I am so blessed for the women in my life.
The only thing I may come to regret is that I promised Anna that if she came to my birthday weekend that I would do whatever she wanted for her 40th. I am afraid I may be on a mountain somewhere, but it was worth it! I did tell her that I would prefer not to go to a party where the favor was your own pair of snow shoes. :)

























No comments:
Post a Comment