Monday, August 6, 2018

18th Wedding Anniversary

Our anniversary fell on a Sunday which was perfect for a date night since the kids almost always stay with DD and Big John on Sunday evening. Grant let me plan our dinner, which is always a bit risky. We went to 60 Vines at the Crescent and it was so fun! When we arrived, we thought it had closed down so I was frustrated for a minute. But, then we were at the wrong door. Grant had never been there before, and he really liked it and I think he will go back. I enjoyed the wine flight, we shared a charcuterie board, and then we shared a filet entrée. We had great conversation with no work talk! We didn't do gifts, which is normal for us, but below are the messages from our cards.

To Erin from Grant:
Erin,
Eighteen years ago we promised for better or worse but there was no way we could have known what that would mean. As the  years have gone by, we've come to understand. It means whether things are running smoothly around here or they get a little crazy... whether I need a best friend in my corner or just one of your smiles and back-scratching to remind me everything will be ok... whether we're sharing a magic moment or just the day-to-day of life.. It means that our love is real, we're here for each other, and we're in this together - for better, for worse, for always!
Love,
Grant

Be still my heart! My heart has always soared at Grant's letters and this year I needed those words and was so thankful he took the time to share his heart.

To Grant from Erin:
Grant,
Happy 18th anniversary! I am so thankful you picked me and I am more in love with you today than I was 18 years ago. Thank you for the beautiful life, beautiful family, and beautiful marriage. I love coming home every day to you and our babies. Plus, you are more handsome (and musclely) than ever.
I love you!
Erin


No comments: