JR was very clear about what he wanted for his birthday party this year. A Chuck-E-Cheese party with his whole class. I tried to steer him to other ideas because I wasn't sure if the kids would still think Chuck-E-Cheese was still fun, but JR was confident they would love it. Then, I tried to get him to only invite the boys from his class, but he said, "I don't want anyone to feel left out. I want to invite everyone." Since that was the sweetest thing ever, I agreed. We invited the whole class, plus Nathan Brown and Parker Walsh. It was an All-You-Can-Play party which was not cheap, but it was easy. I didn't have to do a thing. They provided balloons, party favors, cake, dippin dots, pizza, and all the games the kids could play for two hours. Almost the whole class came! JR really loved it and told us multiple times Thank You and talked about how fun it was. I was happy he knew what he wanted and happy that it turned out the way he wanted.
Then, on his actual birthday, I decorated the kitchen and made birthday cinnamon rolls for breakfast. He really just wanted to be silly and put the decorations on his head, but I could tell he appreciated that we did something special to celebrate him.
Jack Ranger is so amazing and I can't wait to see where God takes his life. He is literal, sensitive, funny, helpful (he always takes out the trash for me), friendly, inventive, smart, and snuggly. He still wants to me cuddle him every night before bed. We have a "thing" where I Eskimo kiss his nose, kiss his face, hug him, give him a big love smoosh (a love smoosh is essentially smashing his body with mine), and his a gentle swat on the behind. He giggles so much every time and he won't go to bed until we do our "thing." I hope he remembers it when he is grown. I love you so much my little 8-year-old!
No comments:
Post a Comment