My birthday weekend was unexpectedly delightful! Not that I thought it would be crummy, it is just that it ended up being really special in an unplanned type of way. Cadie was at Mo Ranch with DD, Ranger went to the farm with Big John after picking up Big John's newest purchase for the farm - an RV, which left Grant and I with Mr. Coltito. Joy was watching our neighbor's kids while our neighbor was on a work trip. So, Colton was able to stay with Joy and our neighbors Friday evening and Grant and I went and got massages - so wonderful. Then, on Saturday morning we took Colton to the Dallas Farmer's market and had a great time exploring, eating lunch in the pavilion, and buying new outdoor plants for the pots and beds.
The cherry on top was a fun experience eating dinner on Sunday evening at Monarch with Mary and Austin Haye. We went all out with drinks, appetizers, and dessert. We had a booth by the window looking out over downtown. The food was ok, the experience was memorable, and the company was wonderful. I felt so special.
I also got some fun surprises from friends and family including cookies and flowers from my team at work, a "flower" garden art piece made by my Mom out of colorful plates and dishes; and incredible stained glass art from Cadie. It is a complementary sunrise and moonrise set that she made at Mo Ranch.







No comments:
Post a Comment