Saturday, July 17, 2021

Riviera Maya - While the kids are away the parents play!

Our amazing friends, Courtnye and Isaac, texted us earlier this summer and said, "We are headed to Mexico, wanna come?" Of course, we texted a "YES" immediately. We met them at Hotel Unico Riviera Maya and had an amazing time. I was only sad we couldn't stay longer! 

We dropped the kids off at camp on Sunday, worked on the farm sunday evening spreading sand to make a "beach", flew out on an 8:30am Monday flight, spent the week in Mexico, flew back Friday, and picked the kids up at 8am Saturday morning. 

The resort, Unico, was even better than I expected. I took a bath every evening on the balcony, we ordered lots room service, the restaurants were delicious, I loved the mixology drink menus and I tried a different cocktail every day, and we had lots of laughs with our friends. 

Grant and I dived in the cenotes on Tuesday and they were incredible. It was our first time to experience the halocline and it felt like flying! On Wednesday we took the ferry to Cozumel and even though the weather was a bit rainy, we didn't get drenched and we enjoyed multiple stops for food and drinks as we drove a Jeep around the island. Courtnye got sea sick on the ferry on the ride home, but she was a trooper. On Thursday we got our COVID test (needed to return home) and then hung out at the pool. Friday, back to reality!

There was some sisters at the resort that were stunning. Courtnye talked with them on Tuesday and found out they were Victoria's Secret models. They have big instagram followings and the resort offered them a free trip if they would post about it throughout their stay. Then, on Wednesday they were sitting right beside me at dinner and filming the table-side Mexican coffee dinner finale. I was the only one at the table and I knew I would be on their Instagram stories! I tried to smile non-awkwardly, not sure I succeeded, so that I wouldn't be caught shoveling chips into my mouth! Check me in the purple in the background! I am happy to sign autographs.















No comments: