Our host family, Carter and Julie Morris, were inspiring and gave us an awesome word about prayer. I felt inspired to make a special space for prayer at CRC Farm.
Due to his broken hand, Grant joined us on Saturday and was planning to stay the rest of the time. However, on Saturday afternoon Ranger went back to the room saying he was tired and not feeling well. Ranger was feeling really achy, tired, and headachy and he skipped dinner. After dinner he still felt bad so Grant and Ranger headed back to Dallas. I think Ranger just got tired and dehydrated. Grant said he fell asleep immediately in the car and after a good nights' sleep at home, Grant said Ranger woke up feeling fine and they went to church together.
Meantime, back at the ranch, Cadie and Colton upheld the Walsh rocket making reputation with some great rocket builds. Cadie's won during the rocket launch on Sunday morning.
After seeing this adorable pic with my boys, I posted the following on facebook, "These boys melt my heart. Their enthusiasm is contagious, their love for legos and minecraft is beyond my understanding, their snuggles border on aggressive and are just the best, and they are beginning to understand the importance of chivalry and respect.
I read somewhere that having a boy is like getting slowly broken up with over many years. While that is a painful idea, it kinda resonates. These two have a piece of my heart and their smiles light up when they see me. My heart swells with gratitude to have the privilege of being their Mom. I can feel Ranger just the tiniest bit becoming his own man and I can imagine that someday when someone else holds his heart that I will look back on these days with longing.
Grant does a great job teaching our boys about "man things". Just yesterday Grant told Ranger he needed help with "man things" and they worked together to change out two faucets in our house. Ranger reported that it was actually pretty interesting.
Grant talks to the boys about the choice a man makes to be a wolf, a sheep, or a sheep dog. The wolf preys on the sheep, the sheep aren't that discerning and often are influenced by fear, and the sheep dog protects the sheep from the wolves. I pray for boys that grow up to be sheep dogs. That they become men that don't take advantage of others or live in fear or under the influence of others' beliefs and that they choose to stand up for what is right and serve others as a protector.
Feeling grateful for these moments and hugs and praying that Grant and I can raise two loving and strong sheep dogs."
No comments:
Post a Comment