Monday, June 20, 2022

Celebrating Aunt Kathy's 70th in Boise

What a special weekend celebrating my Aunt Kathy's 70th birthday! B and Nina stayed with Aunt Kathy in her adorable townhouse. Cadie and I stayed with Alan, Shanna, Harriet and Oliver (Note: I had no idea how much Cadie loves Ollie). 

We arrived on Friday morning, departed on Sunday morning, and made the most of our 48 hours together. The weather was amazing and we spent lots of time outside. We had lunch at A'tavola when we landed (delish!) and then drove to a reservoir where only Cadie was brave enough to venture into the water, but we all enjoyed the view. That evening we ate outside at The Funky Taco and then wandered around a bit before enjoying ice cream and saying good night.

Cadie and I slept great in Shanna and Alan's super comfy guest room. On Saturday morning we went to brunch (including Harriet), an adorable Farmer's Market, and some shopping at local boutiques. Cadie and I found lots we liked and we were glad to leave our birthday presents with Aunt Kathy so we had some room for new clothes on the way home. 

We went to a winery in the afternoon and had a wonderful time talking about prayers and what is on our hearts right now. It was a gorgeous view with great drinks and charcuterie boards. Even Cadie was a cute non-alcoholic drink flight.

Saturday evening Alan and Shanna fixed an incredible meal. They even made everything so that it worked for B! No one was hungry. We facetimed for a short time with CJ and opened gifts and cards. Cadie and I got in the hot tub with Alan and Shanna after B, Nina, and Aunt Kathy left for home and then we slept like logs. 

I went on a short hike with Alan and Harriet on Sunday morning, and then Aunt Kathy came by to take Cadie, Nina and I to the airport. B was staying a bit longer. I just LOVED the time with family, getting to see beautiful Boise, and honoring Aunt Kathy who has played such a big role in my life and the life of my daughter. We love you Aunt Kathy!












No comments: