We have been winging it with childcare so far this summer and it is all working out ok.
June included Cadie's school trip to Florida, all the kids at Sky Ranch while Grant and I went to Key West with Tom and Shauna Gray, Cadie and I celebrating Aunt Kathy's 70th birthday in Boise, PLUS...
- First week of summer Jack Ranger and Colton did baseball camp with the HP Scots. Neither one was a fan. I was trying to get them to try out different sports, I did not pick a winner with this one.
- Grant taking Cadie and Jack Ranger to New York for a quick weekend to see Coldplay. They loved it! I can't believe they squeezed this in right before Sky Ranch, but sounds like they had a blast. They left at 6am Friday morning and returned at 9am Sunday morning and then went to Sky Ranch Sunday afternoon. I don't know when they slept. They went to the Statue of Liberty, Times Square, saw BeetleJuice on Broadway, went to the Central Park Zoo with Russell, Katya and Alex Jonas (and Pearl the dog), ate cheesecake at Juniors, and went the Coldplay concernt and had an adventure getting on the bus back to the city.
- Cadie helping at Aunt Susan's cooking camp one final time! Aunt Susan has sold the camp to a friend and she is excited about taking on new adventures.
- Colton at VBS with Nina and Ranger volunteering. Ranger liked it that he was old enough to volunteer! Sounds like he worked pretty hard, mostly supervising one of the playgrounds.
- Canton Balloon Festival and overnight at CRC with Kristie and Thomas Jacob. Hot but fun!
- Colton did two camps at UP - 1) Drawing Animals and 2) Camp Invention. He thought they were ok but not great.
- Celebrating Aunt Becky's 70th birthday. Cadie and I were sad to miss because this was the same weekend we were in Boise celebrating Aunt Kathy's 70th.
- Ranger did the "Improv Comedy" class at Dallas Children's Theater and he was pretty funny in the final show. I made him to do because I believe he would be amazing on stage.
- Ranger went on the HPPC mission trip to Waco and loved it.
- Cadie went on the HPPC mission trip to Birmingham and she was having a great time - for 48 hours until someone got COVID and they had to come home early.

























No comments:
Post a Comment