Saturday, July 30, 2022

Colton is a Christian!

When we picked up our little buddy on July 30th, he was so excited to share that he accepted Jesus into his heart and he learned a new word - "chaffing." Sounds like a big week! He had been talking about wanting to accept Jesus into his heart at Sky Ranch this summer. He had wanted to do it at Horn Creek, but since we didn't take a family trip to Horn Creek this summer, he did it during his second week at Sky. He prayed with his counselor Travis and he said he wants to get baptized soon. We are so proud of his joyful heart and that he had made own his decision to move forward in his faith.

He had another big accomplishment. He did ALL the water activities. He has refused to get in the lake since kinder. Grant, Cadie, and I gave him a pep talk at dropoff and encouraged him to give it another try. I was so excited when I saw the pic of him on the app on the blob! He said it was so fun and he isn't scared of the lake anymore. 

He was in 4Score again, which he wanted. We also bought him a new plastic trunk that he used instead of a suitcase and he liked it a lot better. He said it was his best week at Sky Ranch yet!

Grant and I spent Thursday night and Friday night at CRC. James spent the night with us Thursday evening and we had a nice time eating dinner at Jalapeno Tree. I worked on Friday during the day and Starlink did not fail me. It was so nice to sit and work on the porch on Friday morning. Grant and I spent Friday evening at the farm and had a wonderful evening being there just the 2 of us for the first time ever. 

Grant picked up Colton on Saturday morning and then we spent a few hours at CRC. It was first Monday trade days so Colton and I stopped and shopped for a few hours before we headed back to Dallas. We had a great time at First Monday and we both got a few odds and ends. Colton got a visor, pair of boots, and M&M game. I got two cute shirts. Grant stayed at CRC Saturday evening to work on a few more projects and Colton and I headed home to pick up Cadie, DD, and Big John at the airport on their return from Ute Trail.




















No comments: