Special contributor, Layne Henry, "I am Cadie's friend (as of now) who is "stuck with her" and has overall enjoyed this trip despite being quite injured! I am currently in the airport in severe pain, in need of a wheelchair, and sad. Overall, it has been a trip to remember for sure! I definitely will find myself remembering this trip for many years to come. From injuring myself in my sleep to an alligator climbing on our airboat tour, it has been so extremely fun! I am forever thankful to my friend and newfound family.
We certainly had some unfortunate moments, but it did not bring down the trip at all. For my first time being in New Orleans, it lived up to my expectations and then some for sure. There are too many positive moments for me to even begin, but I am overwhelmingly happy with the trip, and I am so thankful that I came. Even being injured to the point I can hardly walk through the airport; it was so so worth it.
Happy 16th birthday Cadie!!"
Cadie's birthday trip summary, "My amazing mother agreed to take myself and a friend to New Orleans as a 16th birthday trip! My favorite part of this weekend has been having a jazz dinner on the Steamboat Natchez. Getting to hang out by the big red paddle while having a silly conversation was the perfect way to spend the evening! After arriving on Saturday morning, we went to the WWII Museum. We got a bit turned around while trying to find an exit and ended up going out a service stairwell into a restricted grassy patch at the back of the building. Dinner that night was at Arnaud's where my mom regaled us with wonderful stories such as catching her hair on fire & catching a malevolent possum. Afterwards, we explored Jackson Square in search of beignets from Cafe Du Monde. The next morning, we attempted to take a swamp tour to see some water t-rexes (alligators). Unfortunately, this didn't go as planned, and we had to take a private van back to downtown. Everything ended up turning out alright though, and we had a wonderful lunch at the Ruby Slipper. I took a much-needed nap after returning to the hotel. Dinner that night was the steamboat/jazz dinner. The swamp tour was rescheduled to this morning, and we had a wonderful time seeing all sorts of plants and wildlife. We're currently sitting in the airport waiting for the flight home, and Mom is saying no to going to the fair tonight. Overall, I had a fabulous time on this trip, and I hope everyone else did too!"
I would call our trip a success! We departed Saturday morning with no travel issues and easy check-in at the Hampton Inn Downtown. We were walking distance from most everything, but we did Uber a bit due to Layne's leg pain. We all got along well and we each had our own bed which made it extra comfortable. My favorite was the swamp tour this morning. We even saw a mama gator (who hissed at us!) and her little tiny babies that were only about 6 inches long. So long NOLA, thanks for the memories!











No comments:
Post a Comment