By Jack Ranger, "Recently, I started going to the HPUMC Youth Group or WOW. I was invited by Beau Stewart who I know through the XC team. I was the only freshman guy in my small group so I invited friends and now we have around 12-14 people. One of the youth pastors, Desi, talked to me about the Core Group Retreat in Broken Bow, Oklahoma. I went ahead and signed up even though none of my friends could go. It was super fun. There was around 50 kids, so I got to know a lot of new people. It was a very relaxing and laid back trip overall. There was plenty of free time and worship. My small group leader was named Esmond and is a junior at HP. On Saturday night, we got out there settled in and had a small lesson. On Sunday, we did a 3 mile Hike near a river, then went back and had lunch. There was a shopping center near where the girls cabin was so we walked over there. A few friends and I did an escape room and got ice cream. My favorite part was Saturday Night extended worship. We all went out to the dock of the guys cabin around 10:00pm and had a big worship time. The trip was really fun and I am excited to get more involved with HPUMC as time goes on."






No comments:
Post a Comment