By Cadie Walsh, "My friend Faith and I co-stage managed the fall musical at our school, Pippin. Rehearsal started on the second day of school in August, and lasted right up until the show dates October 16-19. It was a very busy few months, but really rewarding as well. This was the first show where I officially had the title of stage manager instead of assistant stage manager or run crew, so I was really proud of that. Faith called the show from the tech booth, and I ran everything backstage, including the fog machine. In order to operate the fog machine, I had to run under the main platform on the stage and manually press the remote, then run back during blackouts. Unfortunately, I was not able to see the show because I’m backstage the whole time, but from what I can tell, this was the best, most professional seeming show that I’ve participated in. I had a great time hanging out with my tech friends: Faith, Julia, Biv, and CeCe (with Peyton as an honorable mention). I had a fabulous time participating in Pippin, but the ending was very bittersweet. My closest tech friends are all seniors, and next year I’ll be alone without them. While our last show together was amazing, I am sad that it had to be the end of an era."














No comments:
Post a Comment