Since my milk was very slow to come in, the lactation specialist that I was working with recommended that I start taking an herbal supplement called Fenugreek. One very strange side effect is that it makes me smell like maple syrup. No joke! My sweat, pee, pretty much everything has a maple syrup tinge. I can only handle the smell of syrup for so long before I have to take a shower. Cadie was feeling fussy this morning and I was feeling much too maple syruppy so we had a problem. My wise mom friends have shared that the only way they could manage a shower in the early days was to put the baby in the papasan chair and put the chair near the shower. I decided it was worth a try, and it worked like a charm. I think Cadie enjoyed the steam, sound of the shower, and warm air and she was a complete princess while I took a shower. I was so thankful to be clean and also thankful to learn a new thing that Cadie enjoyed.
The stories of Cadence Nicole, Jack Ranger, Colton Alexander and their proud parents, Erin and Grant Walsh.
Thursday, October 30, 2008
FenuGreek
Since my milk was very slow to come in, the lactation specialist that I was working with recommended that I start taking an herbal supplement called Fenugreek. One very strange side effect is that it makes me smell like maple syrup. No joke! My sweat, pee, pretty much everything has a maple syrup tinge. I can only handle the smell of syrup for so long before I have to take a shower. Cadie was feeling fussy this morning and I was feeling much too maple syruppy so we had a problem. My wise mom friends have shared that the only way they could manage a shower in the early days was to put the baby in the papasan chair and put the chair near the shower. I decided it was worth a try, and it worked like a charm. I think Cadie enjoyed the steam, sound of the shower, and warm air and she was a complete princess while I took a shower. I was so thankful to be clean and also thankful to learn a new thing that Cadie enjoyed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi! I know I don't really know you yet, but thought I would give you a hint that I used. I, as well, am still having problems with my milk supply. The lactation consultant I used started me on Fenugreek, but after it wasn't working well enough, changed me to More Milk Plus by Motherlove. It is MUCH more expensive, but works AMAZINGLY well! I saw a huge difference right away, AND you don't smell like maple syrup at all! My hope was I would be able to take the pills, get my milk supply up and Brayden would be able to hold it there, but that hasn't happened. I am going to have to continue taking the pills and formula supplementing him every feed until I decide to give up on breastfeeding.
keep strong! It is worth all of the work!
Shannon :-)
Post a Comment