Sunday, October 26, 2008

I Love Cowboys Games!

Mom and Cadie both love Cowboys games! Cadie loves them because she gets to sleep on Dad's chest all afternoon, and mom loves them because she gets time to herself while Dad and Cadie watch the game.

This has been a really wonderful weekend! Grant and I have had two good nights of sleep which feels amazing. Cadie spent the night at Big John and Dee Dee's house on Friday night. I was nervous about leaving her overnight at only three weeks old, but she had lots of milk, love, and cuddling and I think she had a great time. I cried two times during the evening but I think that is to be expected. The rest was especially nice because we had newborn and family pictures on Saturday and they turned out so great. Grant and I didn't even have horrible bags under our eyes :)


Then last night Cadie slept really weel at home. She slept in her swing all night long. I don't feel great about her getting used to sleeping in the swing, but I am not willing to fight it at 4am. She ate about every 4 hours during the night and went right back to sleep in her swing every time. We were so proud of her and thankful for the second night of sleep.


This is a funny pic of my version of nesting. Two days before Cadie was born I went on a 24 hour scrapbooking binge and took over our dining room with scrapbooking. I had a great time and finished scrapbooking pretty much all of my pregnancy. Now I just have to find the time to work on the past few weeks. This was my first venture into scrapbooking so we'll see if I keep it up or if it was just a nesting thing.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm so glad to hear that you had two nights of good sleep. That is HUGE! We occasionally resorted to the swing during nighttime desperation (thank God for the swing!) and now they long to get in their cribs for naps and bed. Hang in there! She is such a cutie!

John Walsh III said...

What wonderful parents Grant and Erin have become. As organized as their life generally has been, they have adjusted to the lifestyle of Cadence exceptionally well. The only advice that anyone can really give (because each child on earth is unique) is to rely on your intuition, love each other and trust in God. No book, no friend, no doctor, no grandparent can provide any better advice than "hug, kiss, adore, nurture and be there for her".
Love, Big John