I think we are close to getting Cadie to sleep at regular intervals. She has slept well for the past few nights! Her preferred sleep method is in someone's arms at demonstrated very well by Dee Dee. I think Dee Dee (Grant's mom) could hold Cadie all day long, and in fact she has held her all night long for quite a few nights.
Grant and I are not able to function on no sleep as well as Dee Dee, so we needed a better solution. I am not sure if it is better or not, but Cadie now loves to sleep in her swing. She even loves to be in her swing when she is awake. She has slept for up to 6 hours at a time in her swing, usually with it on. Grant and I have done some online research to see if we are really messing Cadie up by letting her sleep a lot in her swing, and most of the sites say it is ok and that kids will grow out of it. Who know, but for right now we are just thankful for the rest.
Even with a better sleep routine, I am still taking life day by day. I have managed to shower every day which I am proud of, but I am still pretty emotional. On Monday, I had to call Dad to the rescue. Cadie screamed for about 2 hours on Monday afternoon and by 5:15 I was crying too. I called Grant and he came home to find 2 crying ladies, a poopy diaper on the floor, and the house looking like an explosion of laundry, dishes, and baby stuff. He quickly took over and I headed to the bedroom to collect myself. Tuesday and today have been better so far, but I never know when the wheels might fall off. I am so thankful for Grant and all the friends and family willing to help at the drop of a hat.
Cadie gets cuter every day and I love getting to know her little personality. She has making different faces and is now starting to push up with her legs. She is going to be mobile in no time!
2 comments:
Oh Erin... I am laughing at how similar my life sounds at times. I love it that you are experiencing what I feel too. I can related to everyone crying, poopy diapers all over and the house in a big explosion of things everywhere. I guess that is life with kids. I hear you on the no sleep. Since getting back from Dallas I have slept little with Audrey not sleeping well at night and Benjamin up in the night sick. The joys of motherhood. Girl..you won't mess her up swinging her. Audrey lives in her swing or bouncer seat for weeks. Whatever works. It's hard for them to adjust to this new world of theirs. Hang in there. Call if you need a break. I sure need one. Wish we could go for coffee. : ) Great to see you in Dallas.
don't feel bad letting her sleep in the swing. my mom kept telling me to let brayden sleep wherever he would sleep the longest, which ends up is in the bouncer. i felt guilty about it for the first few weeks and kept resisting the urge to do it until the lack of sleep finally wore me down. now he starts most nights in his bouncy seat on the floor by my bed.
so glad to hear she is sleeping so well! use all of the help of friends and family! it pays off!
Post a Comment