Wednesday, March 11, 2009

First Food

Cadie had her first solid food this past Saturday (besides the chocoloate sauce and whip cream her dad feeds her). She had cereal in her high chair and she seemed to like it. She swirled it around in her mouth a lot so she really didn't eat very much of it, but I think she got some down. It was a fun milestone, but also made me a kinda sad. She has gotten everything she needs from me for the past 14 months and it felt like a big step toward her independence. Of course I want her to be independent, but it feels bittersweet.
We had lots of visitors this past week. Below are two of my college roommates, Jenny Miller-Sessions and Brooke Halterman-Matamoros. They are sweet friends and I loved catching up with them. Brooke is due with her second son in 4 weeks!

Jenny's son Simon and Cadie hanging out on Friday morning.Saturday another great college friend, Christy Rome, came up to visit us from Austin.

No comments: