Friday, September 25, 2009

Bathtub Playpen

This has been a crazy week for Grant, Cadie, and I. So crazy that we had to call for backup and Cadie ended up spending the night at DD and Big John's on Tuesday night. I have had a number of work milestone that have required me to stay up half the night on Tuesday night and Thursday night. Then Grant has had a lot to do at work and a few early morning hearings this week. Plus Cadie hasn't been feeling 100% and I finally took her to the Dr. yesterday evening and she has an earache. Poor baby! She is such a good sport that I think it took me awhile to go to the Dr. because she was still sweet most of the time.

Anyway, even though I stayed up most of last night, I feel good today because I have gotten to spent a bit of time with Grant. Last night he got home from work at about 9pm (after waiting an hour at Walgreens for Cadie's perscription, ugh), and I didn't have to get on my work conference call until 10:30pm. It was quiet and we were both in the mood to talk. It is getting more and more rare for Grant and I to be together, have some peace, and both be in a good mental and emotionaly place to discuss our hearts and minds. It felt so nice to connect with him, even for that hour. Then, this morning, Cadie and I were Dad's shadow. We just kinda followed him around while he got ready for work and we all played and talked. It was fun to have a sliver of family time.

That is how Cadie ended up playing in the bathtub. We were hanging out in the bathroom singing and talking with Dad as he showered, and I plopped Cadie in the bathtub. It turns out to be a nice playpen and she had a great time. The good time ended when I accidentally hit the bubbles and it started blowing air which scared her.

No comments: