Sunday, November 1, 2009

Cruise (photos below)

I am finally writing about our cruise. It far exceeded my expectations. Our ports included Barcelona, Naples, Rome, Florence, and Cannes. My favorite memories are Mario our crazy driver in Naples, Pompeii, sites in Rome like the Pantheon, the night on the boat with strong winds and waves, and hanging with my family.

The cruise was actually a little last minute. My parents booked first and once they told us they were going, we decided to join in the fun. Never extend Grant and I a "courtesy" invite because we are very likely to take you up on the offer. We had some friends (I think Derek and Avery) invite us to go to Mexico with them and we said "YES!!" and then they had to call us back and say, "We thought you wouldn't really come since it is so last minute, but we really wanted this to just be a family trip..." Whatever :)

Anyway, I loved our ports, we slept GREAT in our room, Grant and I were able to reconnect and discuss lots of things that you just don't have time to address in normal busy everyday life, and we had a blast with my parents. They were great sports and we even got them to play a version of the Newlywed game that included some racey questions. And it got even better because they were video-taping the game and it was played throughout the cruise on one of the cruise channels so they got recognized a ton. So fun!

I did miss Cadence, but she did great with DD and Big John for the majority of the trip, and my sister Courtney and her husband Ryan drove down from Wichita KS and watched her for 3 days. I couldn't believe CJ painted Cadie's toenails hot pink. Her first pedicure!

No comments: