Last Friday night the wheels just fell off and I ended up not even getting out of bed all day Saturday. Grant took Cadie to brunch, ran errands, took her to a friend's bday party in the afternoon, and put her to bed. I stayed in my robe all day and slept for most of it. I finally started to feel better late Sunday afternoon and was so thankful for the opportunity to rest. I am not sure what was going on, but I am thankful that I had a husband who allowed me to listen to my body and have a needed break.
On Monday we spent the AM at the Walsh's for the annual July 4th parade. Cadence loved it and sat through the whole thing enjoying the suckers (that parade has the most candy EVER), floats, friends, cousins and music.

Another weekend highlight was watching fireworks with our great neighbors (Lisette, Rodney, Dylan and baby Connor) from their balcony. The country club right across the street does a great fireworks show and we were able to just walk down to their house and have a great view. We originally left Cadie in her bed and took the monitor, but at the last minute Grant didn't want her to miss it so he ran down and woke her up. She really did enjoy the fireworks, but was pretty sleepy.
On Monday afternoon we had our good friends the Dickinson's over for swimming and a cookout which was a great conclusion to a lovely weekend.
1 comment:
Oh, Erin! I'm so sorry you weren't feeling well. You would have never known it to see you on Monday. I'm glad you're feeling better. Love to you and your precious family!
Post a Comment