Sunday, February 27, 2011

New York

I am headed to the airport in about an hour for my first business trip with PepsiCo and since I have been back to work from Jack Ranger maternity leave. I am so thankful that I have had a wonderful few days with my family to send me off with happy thoughts. Jack Ranger has slept through the night every night since Thursday, Grant took the kids out for dinner on Thursday evening and let me rest and relax in a quiet home, I worked from home on Friday and was able to get a lot accomplished plus see my kids a bit more since I didn't have to spend time commuting, Grant and I watched a move together on Friday evening ("The Firm" - an oldie but a goodie) after we put the kids to bed, we had a fun Saturday with lots of playing outside and being together, Saturday evening Mary spent the night (sweet Mary slept on the couch so she would be sure to hear Jack Ranger in the night!) and Grant and I had a date night at the Sky Ranch Cowboys & Cowboys fundraiser and then a night at a hotel afterwards, and now I am packing while the kids take a little rest before taking me to the airport.

Cadie and Jack Ranger on the red chairs in front of our house. I am sure they are looking at a plane. We have lots of airplanes that fly over our house and we love to spot them.
Jack Ranger meeting Eirik (I hope I spelled that right!). They were so cute together! Eirik is the son of my good friend and neighbor Giselle. They came over to play with us on Saturday and enjoy a snack picnic in the front yard.
Jack Ranger getting crazy! He is squeeling and laughing now and it is adorable. Sometimes he wakes up in the night just laughing. Grant and I listen to it and laugh ourselves because it is the cutest thing. He just laughs for a few minutes and then goes back to sleep.
PS: Shawn, I SOOO wish I had time on this New York trip to see you, but it is going to be jam packed. Happy Birthday and I will catch you next time I come through. Miss you!!!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Jack Ranger looks like he is taking his photo op very seriously in his first pic. So cute!