Monday, July 22, 2013

Gaylord Staycation

The weekend after July 4th, DD, Big John, Austin, Preston and the kids, Grant and I headed to the Gaylord Texan for a staycation. We arrived Friday afternoon and checked out Sunday afternoon. We enjoyed Paradise Springs (the new water park), dinner at the Italian food restaurant and getting a chance to be together without traveling too far. The Walshes let the 4 of us stay in the nice, big suite which was so generous of them.

Uncle Ace with the kids and live gold man statue. They had lots of fun characters in the atrium including a tall cowboy (cowboy on stilts) which the kids really liked watching.
I am not totally sure why Shrek and Fiona were at the Gaylord, but the kids had fun getting their pics taken with them while we ate dinner one evening.





The uncles! I think Preston and JR look so much alike.

The boys

Grant kept teasing Cadie that the koi fish in the pond were hungry for her toes!

JR loved all the train displays.

Getting a better view of the trains from Dad's shoulders.

Cadie and DD - BFFs.

No comments: