Monday, July 29, 2013

Uncle Eric Visit

My brother Eric, and his canine sidekick Luna, came to visit us last weekend in Dallas. The kids had a great time using him as a jungle gym and he even helped me with a few nesting tasks like picking up the new rugs for the kids rooms. However, there was a golf tournament on so a 20-something guy can only spend so much time on household tasks when there is golf to be watched.

On Saturday night, Mary watched the kids and Grant and I, Courtney and Ryan, Eric, and Preston and Amanda all went to dinner at Nazca Kitchen and then did putt-putt golf. Well, everyone but me did putt-putt and I walked from bench to bench along the course.

It was fun just to be with my brother and sister. No one can make me laugh and also tease me quite like they can. We were sitting in Cadie's room on Friday night (not totally sure why, but it is fairly common for my family to end up all crammed in a random room just hanging out) and they were making me laugh so hard imitating me and my grumpy pregnant self.

On Saturday, Courtney, Eric and Ryan took the kids swimming at Courtney and Ryan's apartment pool and I was told that Eric was tossing Cadie extremely high in the pool. She seemed to love it, but I am glad I wasn't there. Eric is really strong and I imagine he could get some height tossing her in the air if he wanted to.

It was so sweet of Eric to roadtrip from Kansas to visit us before he permanently moves to Seattle in the fall. We sure wish Aunt Anna could have been here too, but she was in Seattle working and also preparing their new house for the big move.

Love you Eric!

My awesome siblings, Eric and Courtney. Bethany, we missed you!

1 comment:

nickig said...

Such cute kids!
You look great,Erin. You may feel real preggers but you don't look it.
Mom