On Thursday we visited the Alamo and then CJ and DD took the older kids to a Fire Truck museum while I took Colton back to the hotel room to rest. The boys went and saw a movie. On Thursday evening we took a boat tour along the river and then everyone had a casual dinner. We ate with DD and Big John and just got food at a food court and then ate at a table on the river. CJ and Ryan found a tavern that they reported had really good food.
On Friday we moved hotels and then went to Sea World and made it there just about when they opened at noon. We saw Shamu, rode a few rides, the kids played a bit in the splash park and then we were all tired and hot by around 5pm so we went back to the hotel. DD and Big John kept the older kids in their room and Grant, me, CJ and Ryan all went for a yummy dinner at the CheeseCake Factory where Grant's good friend Downing Riley is the manager. We had a good time visiting with Downing and it was nice to have an adult dinner (we did have Colton, but he barely counts).
On Saturday I was wiped out so I stayed at the hotel with Colton while the rest of the gang went to Fiesta Texas. I had a wonderful day cuddling with Colton and watching travel channel shows about Disney. I stayed with the kids that evening while the rest went to dinner and then Grant and I packed up most of our things for a very early morning departure on the train!
Our train was scheduled to depart at 7am so we arrived with DD and Big John at 6:30am. DD and Big John then drove our car back to Dallas. There was one issue after another with the train and I don't think we departed until around 10am and then a 3pm arrival back to Dallas ended up being at 10:30pm arrival! We had breakfast, lunch and dinner in the dining car and the kids had fun watching movies and hanging out on the bunk beds in our "family room." However, it felt like a long day for Grant and I and we arrived back in Dallas pretty tired.
All in all it was a fun trip and a good maternity leave memory.
![]() |
| Our only group photo! I am glad Grant went back to Sea World to buy it. |
| We were all tired as we waited for the train to depart. None of us are early risers. |

No comments:
Post a Comment